Fund raising for our new village shop started back in 2014. We produced a village wide survey, and from its results we began our venture.
We formed a Community Shop committtee and prepared a business plan and set out our ambition to raise over £40,000.
We began to sell Community Shop Shares in 2016, these are £10 per share, and are still available. So far we have raised just over £4,00o from these shares. We also awareness and money by holding village fundraising events. Our Big Brass Band night was a huge success as wes our Bingo and Beetle Drives and Race Night.
The bulk of our fundraising has taken the form of applying for and receiving grants.
So far we have been awarded funds from:
- Cambridgeshre Community Foundation
- Huntingdonshire District Council
- Prince’s Countryside Fund
- Great Paxton Parish Council
- Tesco Bags of Help Scheme
- Waitrose Community matters Scheme
- and been assisted by The Plunket Foundation